Monday, September 8, 2014

Rain, Rain Go Away!...

This week the weather really has been awful! It is so nice in the mornings and then in a blink of an eye it just starts pouring down rain! And does not ever stop! But i guess that is just the joy of being in Guatemala... got to love it!

PERMISO
Monday night we finally got permisson from the dad of the Juarez Mejia family to baptize their three kids this coming Saturday! THere names are Fernanda, Sebastian, and Sandra and they are 14, 12, and 10 years old! Byt they are so exctied to be baptized and we have waited for this permission for about a month! SO needless to say there is a lot of excitment!

Familia Sapon
This is the family of Emmanuel who was baptized before, and on Sunday night we set a baptismal date for them again for the end of the month. But they are still all so scared of the grandpa whose threats have gotten more and more stronger! And who continues to tell them no to their question of baptism! So please pray for them as well as for the heart of the grandpa to be softened. and for them to replace their fear with faith!

NACHOOOOOO LIBRE
Just thought that I would share that this week I ate corn. But this was not like any usual corn. This was the corn that is eaten in Nacho Libre. and all I wanted to do was reinact the part in the movie where Nacho says `get that carn out of my face` hahaha but I will say that the corn wasnt all that good! 

Just want to share a scripture that I found during my study this week that i just absolutely loved. It is in 1 Nephi 22:25 and says,

¨And he gatherth his children from the four quarters of the earth, and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him,and there shall be one fold and one shepherd. and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture¨

and also a quote from Neil A. Maxwell

¨Indeed when we are unduly impatient with an omniscient Gods timing we really are suggesting that we know what is best... strange isnt it- we who wear wristwatches seek to council Him who oversees cosmic clocks and calendars...


May we always remember that we are children of God and that he knows us! And that he also knows what is best for us and when we need to be patient and receive the blessings that he has prepared for us!

I love you all so much and thank you for your testimonies and prayers as I continue this journey of being on a mission! This is the best decision that I have ever made! and I absolutely love being here! although I do miss you all like crazy!

la amo mucho!
Hermana Loo


Familia Juarez Mejia, the three kids that are getting baptized on Saturday! 
Hermana Peña and I 
Hermana Peña, Hermana Arredondo and I.
Hermana Arredondo was with us for two days,
 as the elders were looking for a new place for her and her companion to live!
Familia Sapon
get that carn out of my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment