Monday, November 17, 2014

Casacas!

This week i think has really been the hardest week of my mission by far! I think that at least twice this week i had the feeling of just wanting to cry, or feeling inadequate, or that i was just wasting the Lord´s time. Which made me really frustrated. But this week everyone just seemed to be so full of lies! And I dont think that there is anything that I hate more than lies!

Manifestation
There was yet another protest here that blocked 4 caminos. Which is a major point of travel in Guatemala. And since the protests here block the roads, there was no one coming or going anywhere. And because 4 caminos is so close to my area, well its actually in my area, everyone seemed to be in 4 caminos, just watching the protest. Which lasted 3 days, 72 hours. 

Needless to say, there was no one in their homes or on the street! Which is really not ideal when we are needing to find new people to teach!

Gran Cambio
This week we went and visited with Guisela and I was able to see such a great change in her, it really was a miracle!

While we were sitting and talking with her she started asking us questions about the mission, and what she should expect if and when Adonai, her 18 year old son, chooses to serve a mission. She had a ton of questions and at the end of it all she said that she will support him 100% in his missions and any of her other children if they decide to serve! Amazing!

She then went on to talk about how one day at work, some of the women she works with were asking her questions about the church, and why her kids attend the Mormon church, becuase the Mormons teach false things and drink and smoke. Basically they were just talking about a lot of things about the church that were just not true. But Guisela was defending the church and explaining what we believe in! It was crazy to hear! Explaining about the Word of Wisdom, law of chastity, and even some doctrinal points! WHAT! I couldnt believe it!

Un MoƱton de Mentiras
I dont know why but this week everyone seemed to be lying to us this week. Someone would tell us a story but then we would hear a different story from someone else in the family, or we would knock on doors and they would say that the person we were looking for wasnt home, even though we knew they were because we could hear their voice from within the house!

For whatever the reason, everyone seemed to be lying! And it was really frustrating! And i really dont know why! But I have come to absolutely hate lies! I dont think there is anything that i hate more!

My patience was really tried this week because of all the lies that i heard, but at the same time i realized that i was doing what i have been called to do, in inviting others to come unto christ. And if they dont want to accept it then that is there own decision and use of their agency!

In the light?
Had a really interesting, and quite honestly hilarious experience this week. There is a member in the ward named Pedro, he is blind, and really doesnt understand much about the church or believe in the Book of Mormon. (Something i find really common here, members who really dont know or believe in the gospel and its doctrine)

Anyways, Hermano Pedro attempted to tell us that all Christians are in the truth, that it doesnt matter if you are a member of the church or not! All Christians walk in the light, he really doesnt understand that there is only one true church!

But perhaps the best and most funny part about this experience was that Hermano Pedro basically told me that I wasnt a good missionary because I dont visit him! jajaja What! When i tried to explain to him that as missionaries, and hermans, we are not allowed to visit men by ourselves, but that we need another member to be with us. He then told me that this was a lie because he had other hermanas visit him before and that i needed to get the bad thoughts out of my minds that bad things were going to happen! jajajaja too funny. But if I get told that i am a bad missionary because i am being obedient, that is okay with me!

Needless to say it was a very interesting and funny experience! One that i will never forget!

I was reading through my notes this week that i took while in the CCM and for some reason this quote from President Cox really stuck out to me

"90% of your blessings come from the last 10% of your obedience"

I truly know that the Lord loves each and everyone of us! That he is willing and waiting to open the windows of heaven and pour out blessing into our lives.

I love you all so much and am so thankful for the blessing it is to have each of you in my life!


Hermana Loo
How they was there clothes, just a rock slab and water.
Seriously so much time and kills your hands!
Los seguidores de jesus... jajaja christian concert in the middle of San Cris!
This is a Tuc Tuc!
GUATEMALA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment