Monday, November 24, 2014

Strange week....

Well lets just talk about all of the weird things that happened to me this week.... and there were quite a few!

Contacts in the street
This week was really an interesting one for contacting people on the street! First of all I contacted two olds ladys on the street who really couldnt hear at all! And i mean at all! And of course i contacted them one right after the other. Anyway with one of them our conversation went a little like this... "soy Hna Loo" to which she replies... "¿Que? Prima? ... no... soy Paulina" jajajaja seriously not even close but so funny! and then we had a drunk old men come up to us and start talking, and during this entire time he is smoking his cigarette.. anyways we humor him for a little bit before telling him that we need to go. He then puts out his hand for a handshake... and afterwards kisses my hand! EEWWWWW!!!!! Seriously so gross! And seriously come on! All i wanted to do was wash my hand!

But on the upside this week i have really come to gain a testimony of the promise we receive in D&C 100: 5-8. I really never have any idea what to say or how to start a conversation when we are contacting in the street, but the Lord always puts the words in my mouth that i need and i always know exactly what to say! And i know that He will do the same for you guys as well as you try and share the gospel with all of those around us!

Enduring to the end?
Okay, so another interesting experience this week. We visited a recent convert who is also inactive with or ward mision leader. Anyways, we begin teaching him about the importance of enduring to the end and how we endure to the end. To which he tells us that he is enduring to the end because he is attending church every Sunday and going to church activites... but all of these things he is doing in the CATHOLIC CHURCH!... umm what! 

I do find this a lot here, a lot of recent converts or less actives who realy dont understand the doctrines and principles of the church, and it really is so sad! But all of the missionaries in my branch are really focusing on the less actives and recent converts in the ward, because how can we expect the Lord to bless us with new people to teach if we are not taking care of the ones he has already given us?

The Book of Mormon
I had and interview with President Smith again this week and he told me in my interview that i really need to be focusing more on the Book of Mormon with my investigators. That i should be reading it with them everyday!

So we started doing just that especially with Guisela. And on the days when we are unable to visit her we call her and her family to have them tell us what they learned and understood. And it is really amazing to see the things that she has learnt and even to see again, the slight change that she has made!

The role of the Book of Mormon is to convince that Jesus is the Christ. It is the keystone of our religion, if the Book of Mormon isnt true then our religion really has nothing to stand on. I have really come to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is seriously so true! and i am so thankful that I have it in my life!

I love you all so much! Hope that you continue to build your testimonies of the gospel! I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is true! How could it now be! I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that He loves is and knows each of us personally. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and restored the fullness of the gospel to the Earth. I know Thomas S, Monson is a living prophet today. And i know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!

"The Kingdom of God.. or nothing." - John Taylor

Have a great week! You are all always in my thoughts and prayers!


Hermana Loo
Would you believe me if i told you that these are kites...
and that these kids made them!
Insane what you can do without TV or computers to occupy you throughout the day! 

Just some more photos of tuc tucs
litterally they are so awesome
and i am currently trying to convince president smith that we need them in the mission jajaja 

Two volcanoes here in Guatemala.
Apparently the smaller one is still really active!}

Guatemala! Dont know if you can tell but this is pretty typcial of houses here.
There is like a yard in the middle of them and then the bedrooms and kitchen
are just little rooms off to the side that surround it.

No comments:

Post a Comment