Monday, February 9, 2015

THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE!

Random thing that I just wanted to share with you guys because it just made me laugh. But this week as we were eating lunch with a member he asks me if i am half mexican.. uh no! Like what how long have I been here in San Cristobal and this entire time he has been thinking that I am part Mexican jajajaja yeah... that would be a no :)

Divisions
So we had divisions this week I for the first time in like 4 months I acutally stayed in my area! But I did have divisions with Hermana Busk who is from Utah. Which means that we spoke a ton in English, especially because we both have Latina companions.

But it was so much fun! And I think that we were laughing the entire time! I actually was so sad when we had to return to our actualy companions. Really made me realize that the time I spend with Hermana Canles is not all that fun and I really am never laughing. Something that I realized that I need to change, that we need to have more fun together! And it also helps make the days pass by so fast!

But it was good and I learned a lot from Hermana Busk. I think that we also spent like 2 hours talking about grace, mercy, justice and what all of that means. Like the scriptures say that we are saved by grace after all we can do. But what is all that we can do? hahahaha I think that we ended up confusing ourselves more and being more worried then we were before if we were doing enough out here on the mission! hahahaha it was really fun to talk with her though.. even though she kept making fun of me for still being in my first area! Puchica! maybe this change this next week will be the one where i finally leave!

Saturday
Saturday was for whatever reason just such a great day! We met with Juan Andres again and talked more about the Book of Mormon, and why it is so special to us. We were also able to answer all of his questions that he had about the church and what we believe! He is so receptive to the message we have and just wants to learn more and more! Although he is really catholic.. but hey that can change :)

Anyways, when we met to meet with him we asked him if he had the chance to read part of the Book of Mormon, he said that he was in the 10th chapter of the Book of Mormon and had even read the introduction, the testimonies of the 3 and 8 witnesses and the testimony of Jospeh Smith! It was so amazing! And I know that as he continues to pray to know the truth that the spirit will touch his heart. He wasnt able to come to church with us on Sunday but he did promise us that he would come this week! So we shall see!

There was also a baptism this Saturday! It was the elders from San Andres, who are in our branch! But the baptism was so special as it was 3 siblings getting baptized, and their other brother had been baptized 2 or 3 weeks before! And so he was able to baptize his little sister! The Spirit was so strong and it was so awesome to see Jose (the recent convert) baptize his little sister!

As we were leaving the lesson we had with Juan Andres to go to the baptize of these three siblings I just realized how true this church is! The Spirit just hit me so strong and I knew that without a doubt that this church and its doctrine are the truth! That being out here in the mission is exactly where I am supposed to be!

D&C 6: 33 - 34
33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
 34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
I read this during my scripture study and it just hit me so hard! because I know that it is so true! There is a consequence to everything that we do! Whether that be good or bad! Eventually we will always reap a reward for that which we do, and it may be immediate or it may come after some time, but it always comes! And can be a blessing or a curse! But i love what it says in verse 34, we really have no need to fear if we are living in righteousness. Nothing that Satan can throw at us will cause us to tremble or fear. Because we will know the foundation that we are built upon. We know who we are, and whose we are! 

I love you all so much! i love this gospel! I love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ, my savior and redeemer! I know that they are always right by our side. I know that they are always pushing us, cheering us on, rooting for us to overcome the powers and temptations of the adversary. And that when we are steadfast, immovable, and firmly planted in this gospel nothing will ever have the power to destroy us! And that doesnt meet that we wont have trials and problems, it just means that we will have the strength sufficient enough to ALWAYS overcome them. Because we know where we stand!
Have a great week! know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you!

Los quiero mucho!
Hermana Loo
Celestina who was baptized on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment