Monday, March 16, 2015

Half way there!

To crazy to think that I am already half way done with my mission! Time really does just fly! But I am so grateful for each and everyone of you! Thank you so much for you prayers and support! It means the world to me that I have so many people who support me!

Panza
So this week we had lunch with a family, a miracle in itself! But as we are sitting there eating, I make the mistake in asking what the food is called. (note to self, never ask this question ever again!) Well they tell me that I am eating Panza... well what is Panza you might ask? 

Stomach... yeah I was eating stomach. And the truth is that it actually wasn't bad at all! I just could not get over the fact that I was eating stomach!

White People
So, I think that I mentioned this in my letter from last week, but every Tuesday evening we have an activity in the church. And this week the member who gave the short message decided the Plan of Salvation. As we are finishing the lesson someone raises their hand and asks a question...

Apparently, an elder that was in this area before, who supposedly knew a lot of doctrine, had told them that the whiter that your skin is the more obedient you were in the pre mortal world. Yeah! I couldn't help but laugh! I have no idea if this is true or not but what made it so funny was that before this guy said what his question was, he looked at one of the elders, who is from Utah and white, and asked him if he could answer his question jajajaja it was funny and also such a random question! 

Random contacts
Well, one night as we are walking home to our apartment, this random teenage kid just starts talking to us! It is always interesting when it is someone else who starts up a conversation with us and not us.

Anyway this kid starts talking about his job and where he works, how he works with a lot of americans and is learning english and wants to continue to learn. So my companion points to me and says she speaks english, you can practice with her. At first, this kid was a little shy and embarrassed and didn't want to do it. But he eventually started talking to me in english, and what is the first thing that he says.. "You are a beautiful lady".. okay yeah! Thats where we stop. adios! jajaja

Temple!
On a more spiritual note...

We got to go to the temple on Thursday! Can I just say what a blessing that is! And what a blessing it is to be temple worthy! I just love the temple!

I felt so at peace in the temple and as i was sitting in the temple I couldn't help but think about how much our Heavenly Father loves us! How much He has blessed and given us! Temples really are the House of the Lord and His spirit and presence dwell within the temple walls!

I had to travel 2 hours to get to the temple, which just made me realize how blessed we are to have so many temples where we live and so close by! So take advantage of them! Do your family history work and get to the temple often! 

Nothing can compare to the spirit that is within the temple walls! And the peace and comfort we will feel when inside!

Chichi
I know that a lot of you guys asked about how the area is doing and how we are doing with investigators..

This week quite honestly was a little rough. All of the appointments that we seemed to have with our new investigators seemed to fall through. No one seemed to be in their homes or everyone was just to busy with other activities. So that was a little hard. We have set new goals this week for contacts and how we are going to find new people to teach. But I know that there are prepared people here! WE may just have to work a little hard, and be more sensitive to the spirit to find them! And i am praying for this! 

It was a bit of a hard week but i am confident that this next week will be better! and I am hoping that we will be able to have more contact with the two new families that we had from the week before!

Thank you all again for all of your prayers and support! I love you all so much!

Hermana Loo
Temple! awkward pic because we are the only hermanas in the zone! jajaja 
If you dont know San Simon,
it has something to do with the devil and witchcraft and things like that...
Creepy!
When there are holidays or anything like that here
there are people here that dress up in these costumes
and then go out and dance in the street jajaja 


New vs Old = 9 months of walking in Guatemala!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment