Monday, January 26, 2015

Puchica

Bombas!
Okay so like everyday on the Spanish Calendar is some sort of holiday to celebrate some saint. And this week was no exception.

I think for like three days during this week from 4:30 to like 7 in the morning they launch off what sounds like cannonballs every half hour. Really just makes it really hard to sleep! With them launching off what sounds like bombs in the morning. And once they launch off one after awhile I start to fall back asleep and at that exact moment they launch off another one! 

I have a really hard time sleeping and doesn't help much at when i am exhausted! But the Lord always gives me the strength and energy I need to somehow make it through the day!

Pizza! Pizza!
So we had a meeting and interviews with President Smith this week and had a lunch with him, and of course we had pizza!

Anyways, while we were sitting there eating Heramana Canales shares with some of the Hermanas that when we go to eat Pizza that i can eat and entire one by myself hahaha. And seriously none of the Hermana believed me! Asking me where i put it all hahaha! Woohooo! Guess that i am actually getting skinny!

Focused on others
During our weekly planning session, as usual, we start off with a prayer. Where we pray for each of our investigators, less actives, and recent converts specifically and by name. 

I don't know why this time was different, but for whatever reason as I gave the prayer to start i planning i felt the spirit so strongly! I was just overcome with some much love for each of these people that we are teaching and realized how much i just want and hope that they will accept this gospel, continue faithful and receive the gift of eternal life!

I have come to realize that when I am focused on others needs before my own there comes a spirit of love into my heart that I have never experience before! That when we truly are in the service of others we are serving the Lord. And i think for this reason we always have such a greater capacity to love all those around us!

Who are you?
So like I said before we had a zone meeting and interviews with President Smith this week. During our zone meeting he wrote on the whiteboard the question

"Who are you?"

As i sat there looking at the board and thinking about the question i realized that there are a ton of different ways that i could answer this question... who am i? I am Hermana Loo, I am from Oregon, I am dedicated, Disciplined, obedient. But then i could also answer I am a daughter of God, I am a missionary, I am an instrument in the hands on the Lord. There are so many ways to answer this question. How would you answer it?

After some thinking and sharing President Smith then had us turn to a scripture that can be found in 3 Nephi 5:13,

"13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

So who am I? Well I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God! 

I hope that we can all take this scripture and apply it into our lives! That we can remember that whether we are full time missionaries or not we are all disciples of Christ, the Son of God! That we all have been called and commanded to declare His word so that all may have eternal life! This gospel is a grand blessing in all of our lives! I would even go as far as to say that everything that I have ever been blessed with comes because I have the gospel in my life. Which makes it all the more important to share this knowledge with everyone! So that "they might have everlasting life"

I love you all so much! I couldn't be more thankful to have such a great and strong support group and family! You never cease to amaze me!

Les Quiero mucho!


Hermana Loo
Mayco! and his siblings, Maria and Luis!

No comments:

Post a Comment