Monday, May 18, 2015

Lots of Experiences

So this week was a really interesting week, for me at least I felt that we had a lot of ups and downs, some good days and some not so great days. But this is missionary life!

Hermana Loo!
Okay, to start off I always have a ton of random teenage boys yell my name, "Hermana Loo!" and they are people that I dont know or have a single clue as to who they are! jajajaja and it is always at night when we are walking back to our house, and they pass by in cars or on the other side of the street jajajaja I have no idea who they are or how they know my name! to weird...

Contacting.. gotta love it!
Okay, so this week we also had some interesting contacting experiences

first, a lot of the times when we are contacting people we of course ask them there names, and it never fails that we always have a ton of people take a really long pause after we ask them this question, as they try to come up with a name jajajaja and it never fails that they always tell us that there name is Juana, Tomasa or Maria jajajaja oh really? How original jajajaja

second, this week while we were contacting we asked someone for there name as well and she replied and said "no hay nombre" or there isnt a name, I dont have a name jajajaja okay... it was just to funny!

And lastly, while contacting a reference of a member we walk into the store of this reference, and the guy who is there working is just sitting down, watching TV and we can clearly see this, so we ask him if he has time for us to share a short a message with him, three minutes or less. And you know what he tells us!? That he is busy jajajaja and when we asked him what he was doing, he couldnt think of a lie and so he just said "no se" jajajaja or I dont know! oh man, it was all I could do to just not start busting up laughing jajajaja some people....

Tomas Giron
So on Wednesday we had a lesson with Tomas, and it was kind of a do or die lesson, where we were going to try and see what his intentions were and if he really had the desire to know the truth and be baptized.

What was sad is that he told us that he was not ready to be baptized and would not be ready this month, nor the next, nor this year! So of course we told him what our purpose as missionaries was and we were really blunt with him, and he totally understood, but we will no longer be visiting him...

It was really sad for me, and this is one of the things I really have not gotten used to or like about the mission, when we have to drop investigators. But it was the right thing to do so that we can find more prepared people. It was just sad for me and quite honestly I was a little heart broken! The truth was and is right in front of him, his salvation, but he is not ready to accept it! WHY!? This is definately one of the harder things about the mission. My companion and I were so bummed! He has no idea what he is mission out on! How many blessings this gospel can bring into his life! But he has his agency, I just hope and am praying that one day he will be prepared to accept what he knows to be true!

Power of Prayer
Okay, at first I was a little hesitant to share this with you guys, just because I was thinking about my mom and how she might freak out a little bit about it. But then I thought, what the heck! The experience and what I learned was 100 times more valuable jajaja

So... Saturday night my companion and I return home at the end of the day and we go and start planning for Sunday, and after we finish I go into the room where all of our clothes are and I find the window pushed in and on the ground, like someone had broken in! 

Of course, i call my companion and we both just start freaking out a little. Really freaked out that someone had been on our house or was still there! So we can a check all of the rooms, well the two rooms that we have jajajaja and then check to see if we still have all of our money, and everything is where it belongs, nothing gone, no one in our house.

So, we then go and talk with dueƱo of the house, who tells us that this has happened before to the house beneath ours and as we are talking with him we all remember the bird that is always pecking at our window and running into it. And then we also realize that the window is only held in place by little dots of glue, not sufficient at all and only in the corners. So my companion and I calm down a little bit but still a little scared out of our minds! And really, all I wanted was my dad jajaja

So I was a little nervous about how I was going to be able to go to sleep! But I prayed for comfort and that I would be able to sleep and get the rest that I needed adn I was able to sleep through the night without thinking about all that had happened. It was truly a blessing and a testimony builder to me! To know that God really does listen to our prayers and that He answers them! I am reminded of a scripture in Alma 17:10 that says,

And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them withhis Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And theywere comforted.

The Lord listens to our prayers and answers them! Remember that He always knows what we stand in need of, but we have to be the ones to exercise our faith in Him and ask for help!

.... however, today as we were getting ready to go and do a pday activity I went to go put on my converse and you know what... they were gone! Someone had taken them! so... maybe someone was actually in our house... ahhhhh!!

p.s I am sorry if my English is horrible, my dad tells me that it is jajajaja 

Les quiero mucho!  

Hermana Loo


p.s. my camera is not connecting to this computer so I cant send you guys any pics... next week though for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment