Monday, May 25, 2015

You never know how much good you do!

Slow week?
This week seemed to be a little slower and harder and a little more uneventful. Thursday and the rest of the days following we couldnt seem to find anyone home! For example, Friday every appointment that we had fell through! And I mean every single one. And all of our backup plans were a bust too! I dont know where everyone went! 

Sunday, Sacrament meeting started at 9:30 when it was actually supposed to start at 9... only in Guatemala. Hora chapina! There was a huge politcial parade that blocked the main street so there were no cars or tuc tucs passing by. And everyone is usually late to church and with this parade at 9 o´clock only the elders, the branch president, and my companion and I were in the chapel jajajaa puchica!

And of course, the rain! It is officially the rainy season! Which means that I have to start getting used to being wet all the times, and wearing my boots. Which confuses the people here even more because know they definately think that we are Jehonva´s witnesses jajajaja once again, Puchica

Elena
Although a lot of our appointments fell through this week we did contact a ton of people on the street, for example Elena Pixcar. 

She is someone whose door we had knocked on before and whose daughter told us that she was busy. When we went to go and knock on it the second time the daughter told us again that her mom was busy. So we started walking away, only to get like 10 steps and have the daughter come running out the door telling us to come back, that the mom, Elena, wanted to talk to us.

Apparently, Elena felt a little bad that she had rejected us twice and decided to listen to us and let us in! It was such a cool experience, to see the spirit working in this lady and I am excited to start teaching her!

Bebida con mosca?
Well, here in Chichi we never really have members feed us, so whenever we do it is such a blessing for the both of us! On Saturday we had lunch with a less active member, whose house is always just full of flies! i mean there are just so many everywhere, however, this is something that has become normal for me so I really didnt think all that much about it!

At the end of the meal, my companion went to pour out the drink into our glasses and you know what happened! As my glass was almost full out pops and dead fly from the pitcher and there it goes into my drink! mmmm que rico! I wanted to throw up! There was no way that I was about to drink that so I was just thinking and watching this member and trying to think of a way to get rid of it.

I ended up pouring it into my empty bowl of food and then going immediately to the sink to go and wash the dishes! It was quite the success and I am just glad that I didnt have to drink it! Because that would have been just gross!

Well, like I said this week seemed pretty uneventful! And it was a little slow! But I am excited to see what this next week will hold in store. And to get the work here moving in ChiChi little by little! Thank you for all your prayers, love and support! YOu all mean the world to me and I miss you so much!

Have a great week!

Les quiero mucho!

Hermana Loo

Contacting these little girls this week who were so cute and just wanted to sit and talk to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment