Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Half way there!

I cannot believe that I have already been here for three weeks and that I am going to be out of the CCM in another three! Time really has flown by.  I  couldn't be more excited to get out into the field!

So here is a quick update as to what is going on... hopefully I will have more time in the field so that I can be more detailed. But for now it is going to be short and sweet!

Yesterday night I had a dream in Spanish! Which is just crazy and when I woke up from it, it freaked me out a little bit! But nevertheless it was cool and I think that dreaming is also a little sign that you are getting the language down better and better. Also I am now able to give a 30 plus minute lesson in just Spanish! Which is just crazy but I absolutely love teaching and even though they are not real investigators you can still feel the power of the spirit there!

So right now i have two investigators and one less active that I teach regularly! But my companion and I got one to commit to baptism and attend church and the other investigator started crying when we shared our message with her because it was about life after death and she had a son pass away. It was really good. I absolutely love teaching it is my favorite part of the day and I can only imagine what it will be like out in the field! Oh i cannot wait!

I also got new Spanish roommates this week. One of them speaks pretty good English and the other speaks none at all and talks so fast! Kind of freaks me out thinking about how the people in Quetzaltenango are going to speak!

I also met my new mission presidents because they stopped by the CCM! They are both so sweet and apparently know Grandma and Grandpa HoChing somehow, so they knew who I was! But that was really nice to be able to meet them and say hello.

I am slowly getting sick of the food and dying for something American! Oh well next Tuesday we get Wendy's so that will be awesome and I am so excited for that!

Sorry this is all bunched up and may be confusing, but some of the keys on the computer don't work too well.

But just want to leave with some quotes from a devotional given by Elder Oaks

  • "you are royalty... the sons and daughters of God"
  • "you are here to serve, not to be thanked"
  • "whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies"
I love every second of being a missionary and wouldn't want to be doing anything else! The Lord truly does bless us when we are being obedient and doing the things that we need to! The Lord is hastening his work... I have heard from countless people that in Guatemala all you have to do is bear your testimony and people will believe! Which is incredible. I know that this church is true and that I am exactly where I need to be! Missionary work is the best! I love and miss you all!

Hermana Loo

.. also apparently I look like a Jaguar at least that is what one of the other Hermanas said! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment