Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Living Prophet on the Earth today!

Divisiones
I had divisions this week with the Hermana Leaders, which i was really nervous about. Especially becuase I was going to stay in San Cris! Which means that I would be leading and guiding the work and i was the only one who knew the area, so i literally had to do everything.

But of course the Lord helped me and it was a real testimony builder for me to realize that i can do this work and be a missionary!

Tender Mercies
I have really begun to notice the tender mercies that the Lord gives me so graciously in my day to day life! Seriosuly it is amazing, every day at the end of the day I look back and am just amazed! Before my mision i dont think that I ever really understood what a tender mercy of the Lord was, or if they even existed in my life.

But i know that they do and have really come to a knowledge of this while being out here in the field. I have grown such a strong testimony of how much my Father in Heaven loves me and knows me, and how everyday he expresses his love and helps me along my journey here on the earth as well as on my mission!

This week as i reflected on all the tender mercies of the Lord, i was reminded of a scripture in 1 Nephi 1:20,

"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."

Temple Trip
How awesome that Ohi and I were able to go to the temple this week! But a new rule in the mission field allows for is to go to the temple and through a session every 6 months.

I have really missed going to the temple and so it was absolutely amazing to be able to enter! 

We went Friday afternoon with my zone! And the peace that i immediately felt and felt throughout my entire time there was like no other. There is no other place on Earth that is quite like a temple. We are literally in the Lords house. I like a song about temples that says something like temples are a little piece of Heaven on Earth! And how true that is!

I entered into the temple and immediately felt at home, like i was returning home after a long trip away. At one point during the session I even forgot that I was in Guatemala! The peace i felt was exactly what i needed, and the fact that i could feel at home, even though thousands of miles away really hit me hard! The spirit is amazing!

Like was talked about in conference GO TO THE TEMPLE! Take advatange of the fact they we all have one so close by to our homes. What a blessing it is to be worthy enough to enter into the house to the Lord! May we always remain worthy and always take time every week to visit the Lords holy house.

Conference
Conference weekend is always the best! It came and went way to fast!

I hope that you all were able to watch every session, and if not i would encourage you to make sure to take time to go go back and listen to every talk! They truly are inspired messages from God and things that we all need to hear.

And of course what a blessing it is to have a prophet on the earth today, as well as aposotles and prophets! I have really come to appreciate conference, for the fact that we get to hear all of these disciples of Christ speak, and help us along the path to eternal life!


How blessed we are! And so i hope that you all take the time to go back and read or listen to the talks again. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time just listening! I hope that you all enjoyed it just as much as i did!

Hermana Loo

Hermana Peña and I.
Familia Garcia! I think that you should all thank this family,
becuase of them I have now gotten used to people hugging and kissing me
 bahahaha...!!!
Megumi! Dont ask me why but for some reason she loves to grab and pinch my nose!
Hermana Pena and I at the temple. 
My zone at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment