Monday, April 6, 2015

10 months!

Well time really flies by here on the mission! Really I dont know where it goes. But I am so blessed to be able to be a missionary and an instrument in the hands of the Lord. Really there is nothing better then this and nothing else that I would want to be doing. But I just want to thank all of you for your love, prayers, and support. It means the world to me and I am so blessed and grateful to have each and everyone of you in my life! 

Nueva compaƱera!
Okay, so the moment that you have all been waiting for jajajaja my new companion! 

Her name is Hermana Aguilar and she has 5 months here on the mission! She is from Honduras, tegucigalpa. Her parents converted to the church when she was like 6 years old, so she has basically grown up in the gospel. She is 24 years old, and i have realized that all of my companions have been significantly older then me jajaja. 

Anyways, she is great! We have such a good time together just laughing and joking around when we are not in lessons or talking to people on the street. I can really just tell such a huge difference with her in comparison to my last companion! Even on the first day that we were together there was a huge difference, just so much more unity between the two of us! So i am really excited to see what we can do here together in Chichi!

Semana Santa
Well Ihope that you all had a great Easter. But most of all that you were able to watch conference and able to remember the death and resurecction of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, But perhaps most importantly that you were able to remember that He LIVES! HE LIVES! 

Easter weekend here is very interesting. there is so much going on and everyone leaves to go to the coast, so really no one was home. We had a really hard time finding people in there homes to teach or just people to teach in general. As everyone this week seemed to be Catholic, even though just a week earlier they werent jajaja. So it was a bit of a struggle!

There was a huge procession Friday, that started at 3 in the afternoon and went until one in the morning! These people are crazy! jajaja There is also a huge tradition here where the people make Judas Iscariot out of old clothes and like stuff him full of newspaper, and then Friday night in front of the catholic church or their homes they burn Judas! Apparently it gets really rowdy and a ton of people end up in jail for the night, and there was like 100 times more drunk men on the street too! They also made those huge flower carpets on the streets, that are pretty cool but a lot of work! 

Semana Santa here also consisted of us receiveing a ton of bread from members! Like a ton of bread and they were huge pieces as well jajajaja! it is safe to say that we have a lot of bread in our house right now jajaja

this week was a liitle difficult with all of the activites that were going on because of Easter, but I am excited for this week to see what Hermana Aguilar and I can get done!

Tomas Giron
Tomas is one of our investigators here in Chichi. He is a old dude who just loves to talk with us and occasionally flirt jajaja

but on Sunday he came to conference! He was even waiting outside of his house ready to go at the time we told hime we would pass by! It was so exciting! He loved conference and said that all of the messages were great and so spiritual!

We have challenged him to be baptized on the 25th of this month and he said that if he receives and answer that he would! And I know that he will! so please pray for him that he can receive and recognize the answer to his prayers!

The work here is really coming along here in Chichi and I am so excited to see what my new companion and I can accomplish here! I know that there are people here just waiting to receive the gospel and I am so eager to share it with them!

Thank you all for your love, prayers, and continual support! You all mean the world to me and I love you so very much!

Les amo mucho!


Hermana Loo

Adios Hermana Rodas! 
Chichicastenango! 
Crying and struggling because no one was at home Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment