Monday, April 13, 2015

Tender Mercies!

This week was really great! We worked really well in using our time wisely and constantly looking for opportunities to teach and serve others! It seems to get hotter and hotter here as the days go by, and combining that heat with how tired I have been doesn't really mix very well jajaja some days it is a real struggle to ge out of bed or to just want to walk outside in the hot sun all day!

Interviews
Wednesday we had interviews with President Smith. Which always gets me so nervous and a little afraid jajaja but of course everything went just fine!

Funny thing was that in both my interview with President Smith as well as with Hermana Smith they both commented on how small my companion is and how giant I am jajajaja for some reason everyone seems to be obsessed with our height difference! Even though Hna. Aguilars last companion was taller then me! jajaja

On a more spiritual note in the morning before the interview I was reading my scriptures and came across this scripture in Mormon 9:21,

 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

As I was reading this scripture I realized that doubting nothing includes doubting our own unworthiness to receive answers from God, doubting that God is listening and hearing our prayers. When I shared this with President Smith he taught me even more saying that one we need to make sure that we are worthy. Two, that to realize how the Lord has answered our prayers we need to look back on past experiences and come to realize that indeed He is listening and answering. And that finally we need to have sufficient faith to accept the answer no. 

Fasting
Well this week was fast sunday so we had the wonderful blessing to be able to fast and pray for answers or things that we need!

Hermana Aguilar and I had a really spiritual experience with our fast this week, in fact it really was a tender mercy and a miracle! 

As we started our fast after lunch and headed out for the day we went to an appointment that we had that unfortunately fell through. But as we were walking back Hermana Aguilar at almost the same turned around and saw this house that was like half hidden and decided that we need to go and contact them. Well, what did we find! A family! Who has a ton of potential! less then an hour after we had prayed to find a family! It really was such a blessing!

We had just a small lesson with them and talked about prophets and the message that we have, the message of the restoration. I could feel the spirit so strongly and it was so cool to see their eyes just light up when we started talking about prophets! They were so interested in our message. And as soon as we left they started reading the pamphlet and Book of Mormon that we had left them! I am excited to see what will happen with them this week!

The Lord really is preparing people to receive His gospel in all parts of the world! The time for the coming of the Lord is closer then anyone of us know! Are you ready? Are the people around you ready?

Love you all so much! Thank you for all of your prayers and support! Although I am far away from all of you I can always feel of your love!

Los quiero mucho!
Hermana Loo

The bridge here in ChiChi! 
Had planned to play soccer this morning but the chicas who had the soccer ball didnt come... tear!

No comments:

Post a Comment