Monday, August 3, 2015

Entering in to the Gate...

Titi
So, as you all know Titi got baptized on Saturday and it was just such a great experience to be apart of. I feel so humbled and blessed that I was able to be there to support, help and serve her. I know that the Lord is so happy with the decision that she made to become a member of the church and will continue to rain blessings upon her. I am also so thankful that I was able to be apart of her life and to be strengthend by her example and testimony. 

So, I dont know why, but the water here in the baptismal font is always freezing cold! It has a heater to warm up the water and either no one knows how to work it or the thing itself doesnt work, either way the water was freezing. But Titi didnt care at all about that, she had a smile on her face the entire day, and when she got out of the water, the light in her eyes just radiated! She couldnt stop thanking us for teaching her and helping her come to the knowledge of the truth. But honestly, my companion and I didnt do much, she was prepared and chosen and the was able to recognize the spirit so quickly and accept her answer.

When she received the gift of the Holy Ghost and was confirmed a member she told me that she just felt a warmth come over her, like someone was giving her a big hug, I just loved hearing that!

Her family didnt want to attned and are still not to happy with her, this week she told us that she wants to be a missionary! But she has a lot of obstacles in her way, but we will see what the Lord has in store for her. 

Earlier in the week, before her baptism, we also had a late lunch with her and another recent convert, Estelita, whose family is also not very supportive of her. But she was able to share her testimony with Titi, and the spirit was just so strong! Everyone was in tears! These two have really come to be so special to me and have been such a light for me! I hope that one day you can all know them and feel of their spirit. 

I am so sad that I have changes and will be leaving this area, leaving Titi, but I know that the Lord will continue to bless her life and that through her example the Lord will be able to soften the hearts of her family and they will also have the opportunity to hear the gospel.

Sara
So we also had a baptism on Sunday jajaja suprise! Sara is the daughter of recent converts, who were baptized on the 6th of June. But it was so special to be apart of as well, especially because her dad was able to baptize her! They were all so happy and it was so cool to be able to see a family progress and grow in the gospel. We found out that she was turning 8 on Sunday and wanted to be baptized that same day, so we had to teach her all of the lessons in just 4 days! It was a little hectic but I loved being apart of it!

Randoms of the week
1. So I dont know if you remember the movie, 50 first dates, but I am pretty sure that there is a guy in the movie called 10 second Tom or something. Who can only remember things for 10 seconds and then he forgets... well this week, I meet 1 minute Maria jajaja litterally every minute she repeated the same thing to us, talking about how she cant read, how her dad was poor and that she worked to be able to buy her own land. but she told us the same story every 1 to 2 minutes jajaja

2. Saturday night, as we were walking out of an appointment getting ready to head home, we pass by these two guys who yelled at us, " I am going to rob you.." umm, okay, creepy and scary jajaja needless to say my companion and I were a little freaked out and we started walking/running away from them. 

3. Lastly, probably the most random of all is that tomorrow we have changes and yesterday night President Smith called me to tell me that he is calling me to be the new mission nurse.... umm what! I dont know anything about that! So I will be getting a new area and two new companions as I will be in a trio! woohoo.. should be interesting to see what happens with this especially because I have no idea how to be a nurse jajaja wish me luck!

I hope that you all have a good week! That you keep Christ in the center of your lives and that you make sure that you are always founded firmly in the gospel of Jesus Christ, a foundation that will neve trembl or fall!

Las quiero mucho!

Hermana Loo

Lunches with Titi this week and one with Estelita!




No comments:

Post a Comment