Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Using your time wisely!

Well, I dont feel like much happened this week. But I will say that I did learn some very important lessons, which I was so grateful for. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have each week to grow, learn and to strengthen my testimony. I dont think that a single week should pass by where we are not progressing, so, although not a lot happened this week. I was grateful for the things that I was able to learn. 

Holy Spirit! Gotta have it!
So, this week one of the things that I learnt, was about the importance of having the Spirit in our lives, having it be a part of everything that we do.

I was able to see this in two lessons that we had Saturday. I have been telling you guys a lot about the new people that we are finding and teaching, right? One of them, Carlos who was a reference from a member in my last area, Las Americas, And the other lesson with Paolo and Jose Lima. 

Well, it was quite intersting our lesson with Carlos, because he just wanted to fight with us a little bit. He wanted a reason for everything, wanted to know the why, wanted to have proof or evidence that everything we were saying was true. It was a little sad to be honest, because all of the questions he had were not of great importance in knowing if our message was true. And we just kept telling him that he needed to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it was true, to tell and ask God to help him receive the answers to all of the questions and doubts that he had. But he just did not want to do it. He did not have enough faith to ask and know that he would receive an answer. Which was just really sad for my companion and I. The Sprit wasnt really in the lesson at all beccause he was just trying to fight everything we were saying. We even had a recent convert with us who kept bearing his testimony about the truthfullness of the gospel and how he came to know it was true. And throughout the entire time he was bearing his testimony the spirit was so strong. Unfortunately, Carlos didnt want to hear about the importance of prayer and scripture study, he just wanted proof and signs. We continue to pray for him in hopes that he will soften his heart and be humble enough to pray and ask God.

And then, on the other hand, in the lesson that we had with Paolo and Carlos, it was completely different. I could feel the spirit leading and guiding our lesson. I could look into their eyes and the way that they were acting and responding and see the spirit working through them. It was such a special lesson, and I could see how these two guys truly have the desire to draw closer to God and to feel His love and spirit more abundantly in their lives. As we were leaving the lesson, the recent convert that was with us, Damian, just randomly said, those two are getting baptized. I know it! It was so great, and I was able to understand how truly important the Spirit is in everything that we do. 

As I was testifying to these two guys in the lesson, I realized that the spirit was speaking and not me, and as I was teaching them, the spirit was teaching me. Was answering my prayers and helping me to understand the divinity that I have as a daughter of God. That God truly is my loving Heavenly Father and that He NEVER leaves me. 

Spending or Investing time?
So, on Thursday Hermana Tolman and I had companionship study with President and Hermana Smith. We were going to have a nurse reunion this day anyway so President Smith thought that we could just do companionship study before hand, it was kind of weird and out of the blue that they wanted to have this with us, but I was so grateful for it in the end. Even if before the study I was so nervous, because President Smith kind of scares me jajaja but it was fine.

I learnt a lot from what he shared with us. And thought that I would share it with you.

He told us this at the beginning of our companionship study he said that "we should never confuse activites with results." he then shared with us a quote/question that President Eyring posed  "Are you spending your time or investing it?"

This question really made me think and ponder. What is the difference between spending our time or investing it? 

When we invest our time we learn, we change. When we are just spending our time we are just waiting for the time or days to pass. If I am truly invested in the time that the Lord has given me to be a missionary, then I am making it worthwhile. Then I am changing, If I am truly investing my time as a missionary, I am not only converting others to the gospel but I am converting myself. Then I am changing my nature and learning to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ, learning to live up to the diving potential that I have as a daughter of God.

Then, of course, it made me think in an eternal perspective. Made me think of the bigger picture. If we are spending or investing our time here on Earth. We all know that the time we have on this earth is a time for us to prepare. to BETTER ourselves. So, are we doing this? Are we using everyday to the fullest? Learning and growing each and everyday? Are we seeking to glorify God before seeking for the things of the world? Are we investing our time in the things that truly matter in this world? Are we preparing ourselves to be able to enter into the Celesital Kingdom? There are so many more questions that can be asked. So many things that we can learn from this simple, yet powerful question. And I have been pondering and thinking about this question all throughout the week. And invite each of you to do the same, and if there are things to change, then DO IT! And I know and promise that we will find so much more happiness and joy in each and every day!

I love you all so much! And am so thankful for the love, support and prayers that you have sent my way!

Hope that you all have a great week! Know that you are always in my prayers!

Los quiero mucho!

Hermana Loo


No comments:

Post a Comment